We further our mission to HONOR EACH. ENRICH ALL. through participation in a wide variety of social action initiatives, including:
- UUCM volunteers work with Family Promise of Greater Nashua’s Anne Marie House which provides emergency transitional shelter, meals, and supportive services to homeless families in the Greater Nashua, N.H. community.
- UUCM builds community and provides a free hot meal to anyone in surrounding communities as part of its monthly Community Supper initiative.
- UUCM volunteers work with the Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter (NSK&S), which is dedicated to providing shelter and food to those in need.
- UUCM is one of 14 area churches who support the Mission of the SHARE Program as it provides food, clothing and emergency financial assistance to area needy families. UUCM participates in the SHARE Adopt-a-Family program, providing gifts to needy families during the Holiday season.
- Through its Share the Plate program, UUCM shares every Sunday offertory with an external non-profit organization whose mission reflects UUCM’s priorities for social action.
- Since 1990 and as part of the UUA’s Partner Church program, UUCM has maintained close relations with its partner church in the town of Szekelyszentmihaly in the Transylvania area of Romania.
- Women in Transition Team (WITT) supports women as they are released from the Women’s Prison in Concord. See the WITT Brochure.
The Directory of Leadership lists contacts for these outreach projects.